Eating & Shopping (i.e. Love/Hate)
The other thing I was reminded of today is that there are friends and then there are friends. And I got to spend time with the latter today. The first one I got to see today was someone I interacted with on a regular basis through my job here and he’s become a dear friend. I went to his office to say hi and ended up staying longer than I’d planned. We’ve exchanged e-mails a few times since I left but that’s it. Today was the first time I’d spoken to him in three years and it’s like I never left. I got to see his daughter who was just a kid the last time I saw her and now she’s all grown up. I know this makes me sound like your grandmother, but time really does fly. I can’t really properly explain how wonderful it was to sit in his office again and catch up on life over the past three years, laugh about the same things we used to completely crack up over and then have him give me good advice for the future.
Then I had dinner in the Colony with more of the latter type of friends. So very, very good to be with them again. It kills me that I live 8,000 miles from them. I realized once again how very blessed I was to have the group of friends I had when I lived here. They truly are what made the brutal Jerusalem life not only bearable but enjoyable. I’m hoping to catch up with a few of them again for coffee on Friday morning. Today promises to be another busy day so I’m off to start it with...you’ll never guess...a cup of coffee.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home