My sister Amy and I went to Arkansas to spend the week with my sister Karen and her family. Because we are crazy we offered to take my brother Jonathan's two kids so they could play with their cousins. All the kids are well-behaved and we had a marvelous time. I will say this...I used to think that "Leader of the Free World" is the most challenging job title to live up to. I have changed my mind. My hat is off to all mothers. There is no such thing as leaving your work at the office. Talk about non-stop. I can multi-task but I was in awe watching my sister Karen juggle everything and still keep smiling.
I was not usually homesick while living in Israel until I would hear the stories about my family hanging out and hearing all the funny stories about the latest things the kids said or did. I am making up for lost time and am loving getting to hang out with my nieces and nephews. Alex and Cameron are always up for a story. Tyler (on the right) is less of a bookworm.
It is remarkable how efficient we became at bathing so many kids in a short amount of time. Sherri, I'm posting this to prove that we did indeed make them brush their teeth. Yes, it was a circus.
The "slip-n-slide" was a huge hit. If we ever have a shot at an Olympian in the family, I think Alex is the one we will pin our hopes on. There isn't a non-athletic bone in the boy's body.
On our last day there, Amy and I went for another run in those brutal Arkansas hills. I got quite ill on the way back...no idea what was wrong but I felt really lousy so when we got within a mile of the house Amy went on ahead and I walked back. Next thing I knew, Karen and the kids showed up to give me a ride home. It was great because I was feeling worse by the minute.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home