Hebron, Israel
A week before moving to America I finally took the opportunity to go to Hebron. A few of us girls were just going to go get a bus to Hebron and wander around to see what there was to see. Our dear friend Cary rescued us and put together a day outing for us...tour guide and all. It was wonderful. The Machpelah (Tomb of the Patriarchs) was larger than I expected. So glad I went.
We were in the 3% of Hebron that is permissible for the Jewish community to be in. The streets were deserted and I definitely sensed that the soldiers were at a higher level of readiness than what I am accustomed to seeing in Jerusalem.
On the way to Hebron with my good buddy Stefan who is tall enough that the bullet-proof glass in this bus may not have been effective. We came and went without needing to find out...thank God. :)
Soldiers in Hebron chatting with several of the locals.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home