Yom Haatzmaut
Yom Haatzmaut (Independence Day) has always been my favorite holiday here in Israel. This year was no exception and the celebrations were massive because it's been 60 years since the modern state of Israel was reborn. I was downtown as always and for the first time in my life was concerned I was actually going to be injured in a people crush.
People, people everywhere. At one point I walked to the office to drop off my jacket and what should have taken me five minutes took me thirty. Navigating through the masses was no easy task. I took this photo of Jaffa Road on my trek back from the office.
They had a very cool laser show and of course, fireworks!
It's not Yom Haatzmaut without lots of dancing and singing.
We foolishly tried to form our own dancing circle in a space so small we could hardly move. Good times, good times.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home