More Goodbyes
My very last dinner at the Colony, a wonderful little restaurant in the German Colony. For the record, the Colony has the best Sweet Potato Gnocchi on planet Earth. It was delightful to spend my last evening in Israel with some of my closest friends at my favorite restaurant.
Emily and I expressing our sentiments about all the goodbyes that we've had to say in Israel. That was hands down the worst thing about friendships in Israel. You really do love 'em and lose 'em on a regular basis.
Gary, my good mate from South Africa who taught me all about rugby (a semi-cool game which still doesn't hold a candle to football...sorry Bokke...once a Buckeye, always a Buckeye) and who always let me borrow his jacket when I was cold and let me vent when I was stressed out about work and who taught me much about life and how to handle it and yes...who harrassed me on a rather frequent basis.
Speaking of harrassment...I couldn't even catch a break at my own farewell party. Unfortunately I wasn't always so good at seeing these kinds of things coming.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home