Masada

Masada is one of my favorite places in all of Israel. We chose an incredibly warm day which was a bit unfortunate but we survived. Herod, for all his paranoid and psychotic ways sure did have an eye for architecture...natural and man made.
Of course the brothers and I climbed it. I have this deal where I like to beat my previous time record each time I climb Masada. I am quite out of shape at the moment since I don't run in the winter so I was just hoping to match my previous time. David set the pace and started out at breakneck speed. He did slow down eventually and Jonathan was hot on his heels. I brought up the rear and was just trying to survive. I was shocked and quite thrilled to have made it in 25 minutes which is five minutes under my previous time. Cheap thrills...I know.
Of course the brothers and I climbed it. I have this deal where I like to beat my previous time record each time I climb Masada. I am quite out of shape at the moment since I don't run in the winter so I was just hoping to match my previous time. David set the pace and started out at breakneck speed. He did slow down eventually and Jonathan was hot on his heels. I brought up the rear and was just trying to survive. I was shocked and quite thrilled to have made it in 25 minutes which is five minutes under my previous time. Cheap thrills...I know.Don't mistake the look on my face for a smile. It's definitely a grimace. Why do I do this to myself?




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home