Saturday, October 06, 2007

Fall Feast Fun

It's that time of year again and on one of my days off work, I went to Netanya to spend a day at the beach with friends. We sat out on the balcony and watched the sunset. I don't get tired of seeing the sun go down on the Mediterranean.

The annual Jerusalem parade goes right down Jaffa St. which is literally right outside our office. I was working but kept hearing the music and commotion so a bunch of us walked outside and watched the festivities.

It's always great to see all the Christians who come to support Israel during Succot. Every year there are thousands who come and march in the parade with their respective countries. I was wildly supportive of the Americans who came through and even managed to stop the flag-bearer for a picture. Call me a crazy American. I'll take it as a compliment.


We put up our succah again this year. There was very little drama involved which is an improvement from years past when we struggled with getting the thing put together. My friend Hannah came over and we slept in the succah one night. This is her first Succot in Israel and I convinced her that she needed the whole "sleeping in the succah" experience.

We had a party the first night of Succot and had lots of good laughs. This is Jacki and Erin enjoying one of the many funny stories shared that evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home